1 Sept 2012

Scrap a Sketch - Smile

Its seem to have been so long since I posted or even completed a LO. August has been such a busy month. We have been away for quite a bit of the month - in Scotland and the Lake District.

This months sketch was set by Barbara


I knew I wanted to use hessian or burlap as the Americans say but the butterfly shape did not work so I changed it to a heart.


I machine stitched the edge of the heart before carefully fraying the edges. The smaller hearts were made by mounting the hessian onto card before fraying the edges. Most of the elements are matted onto black cardstock for definition.

The photo is of Abby who wouldn't smile showing her teeth until Uncle Andrew came along and made her smile naturally

1 comment:

  1. Its just Stunning Lesley, Abby has such a lovely smile and I love the hessian hearts

    ReplyDelete